Sculpture by Matías Sierra

Fire – Red clay and wax

My brain, my cage - Red clay

My brain, my cage – Red clay

Untitled - Red clay

Untitled – Red clay

Artist: Matías Sierra

I was born in Argentina and my first contact with art was at school when I was six years old. At nine I began to work at an art studio with various media: paint, ink, charcoal, clay, etc. I developed a surreal style from the beginning. At thirteen or fourteen years old I worked almost exclusively with clay and I continue to do so. My artwork centers around the body and its parts. In several of my sculptures, the hands are the main subject. I can’t give a reason for this. People always ask me why and I never have a response. Some ideas for my work are born from my own life experience or feeling. Others are simple ideas.

For the past seven years, I have lived in Montreal, Canada, developing my artistic career. I did my first solo exhibition two years ago and two others with my studio colleagues. I am self-taught. I don’t have a background in art studies.

You can view more of Matías’s work at Devianart as well as his “Esculturas” and “Under the Skin” albums on Google+.  Contact him at matias.sierra@gmail.com.

Tags: , , , ,

Categories: Art

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

12 Comments on “Sculpture by Matías Sierra”

1. Ashod
    March 28, 2013 at 10:13 pm #

Excellent Mathias!!!
    Bravo! Très belles œuvres!!!

Ashod

• Matías
      April 1, 2013 at 12:41 pm #

Merci beaucoup Ashod!

à bientôt!

Matías

2. Marcela
    April 1, 2013 at 2:09 am #

Congratulations Matias, J´aime beaucoup tes ouvres!!

• Matías
      April 1, 2013 at 12:42 pm #

Muchas gracias Marce!!!!

Nos hablamos pronto.

3. Louise Brownrigg
    November 23, 2013 at 11:18 am #

Hola Matias, me recordé que tenias una exposicion de tus obras en estos dias. Lastimamente una persona entro en su gmail, como el mia, y no puedo contactarte de esta manera -no se desactivarlo.Querria ir adonde expones (no noté el lugar) y hasta que se activa mi email la unica forma de llegar a mi es por mi telefono de casa.Por favor, me puedes dar los datos en mi contestadora si no estoy. Gracias y ojala que me respondes prontito.Luisa…louisejbrownrigg@gmail.com…514-523-4149
    Favor apagar este mensage luego que lo lees.

4. Kathleen
    November 26, 2013 at 1:02 pm #

Je suis allée pour la première fois à ton exposition et j’ai adoré. Tu as bcq de talent chaque pièce à une âme et nous dit quelque chose. Continue comme ça et je retournerai voir tes oeuvres.

Bon succès !

Kathleen

5. Meshari Aloudan
    January 28, 2015 at 10:58 am #

Amazing work !

I’m Saudi sculptor I need your advices thank

Check my account in Instagram @saudihandmade1

6. vasudha sadashiv ambiye
    April 21, 2015 at 7:26 am #

Simply breathtaking!

7. September 23, 2017 at 4:37 pm #

I have noticed you don’t monetize your page, don’t
    waste your traffic, you can earn extra bucks every month because you’ve got high quality content.
    If you want to know how to make extra bucks, search for: Mrdalekjd methods for $$$

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Deep Thought in Clay | Creative Thresholds - October 8, 2015

[…] Matías was also featured in Creative Thresholds in 2013. Check out “Sculpture by Matías Sierra.”  […]